About AORS

AORS Logo Long

The Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) is a Provincial association of public works professionals dedicated to providing high quality public services through certification, educational programs and interaction amongst its members.

AORS was founded in 1961 at Hart House, University of Toronto and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2011.

AORS now has 32 Local Associations across Ontario and a head office in Thorndale, Ontario.  AORS provides opportunities for public works professionals to exchange ideas, increase professional proficiency and performance for themselves, their municipalities and companies.

AORS is a non-profit under Ontario Provincial Legislation.  Our constitution , by-laws and Strategic Plan guide our Board of Directors, staff and committees in their legal, ethical and functional responsibilities.  Our primary funding sources include membership dues, seminar and certification fees, publication advertising, and the annual AORS Municipal Public Works Trade Show.  AORS operates efficiently thanks in large part due to the volunteer efforts of its Board of Directors and many Committee members, and the support they provide staff.

Governed by a 32 member Board of Directors and a 4 member Executive elected at both the Local and Provincial level, AORS is a relevant, vital Association with a reputation for commitment to our members and the public works community.

AORS membership is open to anyone from the public or private sector with an interest in public works.  Members of our 32 affiliated Local Associations are automatically members of AORS, as are those who are certified under the Certified Road Supervisor program.  Municipal Public works employees can also apply directly to AORS for individual membership.

Click below for more Information about how AORS supports its:

A key part of our purpose is to support the Professional Development of our members and their staff.

Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS), 160 King Street, PO Box 129, Thorndale, ON  N0M 2P0
Phone:  519-461-1271      Fax:  519-461-1343