MTO Holding Stakeholder Consultation Workshops on Revisions to OTM Book 7
The Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is undertaking an update to its Ontario Traffic Manual (OTM) Book 7: Temporary Conditions. EXP is hosting a series of stakeholder workshops on behalf of the Ministry on how OTM Book 7 should be updated. This multi-stakeholder consultation will obtain feedback from all types of OTM Book 7 users, including municipalities, contractors, and design engineers, among others.
Five multi-stakeholder consultation workshops are being held, including the following dates and locations:
· June 11, 2018 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) – Ottawa (Best Western Plus, Le Café 1274, 1274 Carling Avenue)
· June 13, 2018 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) – North Bay (Best Western, 700 Lakeshore Drive)
· June 18, 2018 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) – Burlington (Royal Botanical Gardens, 1185 York Blvd)
· June 21, 2018 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) – Thunder Bay (Victoria Inn, 555 W. Arthur Street)
· June 26, 2018 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) – London (Ramada London, 817 Exeter Road)
Please see the attached invitation and register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BOOK7UPDATE as we would greatly appreciate your participation in these workshops.
Book 7 Update Team
MTO Releases New Minimum Maintenance Standards
Minister of Transportation McGarry has approved the revisions to the Minimum Maintenance Standards. The new regulations are now posted on the government website.
Thank you to the AORS members who participated in the review.
Environment Canada to enforce VOC limits on traffic marking paints
While VOC limits on traffic marking paints have been in effect for several years now, Environment Canada has given notice that they will be enforcing them this year. You will want to make sure your paints or your contractors are in compliance. Read the notice here.